Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where to Next? Peru with G.A.P!





I started this blog for a few reasons, one of which is to chronicle the adventures I get to go on because of my job as a travel agent. Every so often a great opportunity will come along that I can't help but take and in this case that opportunity is heading to South America with GAP Adventures at the end of Nov.


This will be my first trip to South America (or anywhere south of the USA, for that matter), since most of my travels have been to Europe or the South Pacific. Rich in history, I can't wait to learn more about the Inca civilizations and get a chance to take pictures at one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!, Machu Picchu (I've already seen the Colosseum... next stop Egypt?)


Before going off to a place, I do try to learn a bit about the place I'm going - widely spoken languages, temperatures to expect, and since I'm big into food - what are some local dishes one absolutely must try? So today I've been doing some research in Wikipedia...


Peruvian Cuisine - I should probably try ceviche, and pollo a la brasa...and maybe even guinea pig?
And, since I like to learn how to say "cheers!" in every country I go to, maybe I'll cheers with a Pisco Sour, which is apparently the national drink.... and probably try a bottle of Cuzqueña, one of the country's beers.


I'll be visiting quite a lot of places in a relatively short time, though I'll still get a good feeling about the country. Horseback riding to some ruins outside Cuzco, exploring Cuzco itself, Lima, Machu Picchu, an overnight homestay and volunteer project in Ccaccaccollo, exploring Aguas Clientes amoungst other things.


Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment